Saturday, October 11, 2008

I need your help....

Next weekend, my boyfriend and I are walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day. For those of you who are unfamiliar, it's a 3 day, 60 mile walk to raise money for breast cancer research. All money raised benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure and The National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

I'm walking in memory of my mother. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in March of 1997; two weeks after her 40th birthday. She fought for 10 long years and lost the battle in June of 2007. She was the strongest woman I will ever know and I feel that's it's my duty to do whatever I can to help find a cure for this terrible disease!

The walk is now a little less than a week away and we still have some money to raise. I am hoping that my new friends in blog world will be able to help! I know times are tough now with the current economic situation, but if you can spare a few dollars to help a good cause, please go to www.the3day.org/goto/jenniferbednar. Every dollar counts. Also, if anyone would be willing to post a link on their blog, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for reading!

Jen

No comments: