Saturday, September 6, 2008

Show and Tell!

Now, let me just start by saying that my favorite part of crafting is show and tell! I love showing others the projects I'm working on and also seeing their progress as well. So, I decided to share some of my pictures on this rainy Saturday afternoon.


First, I'll start with some completed stamping projects. This is a welcome sign I made. It's one of my favorite creations.





The next picture is last year's Christmas card. It was a rather time consuming project, but I was really pleased with the results.




This is a cross stitch project that I finished recently. My dad made a frame for it...I just have to find the time to put it all together.




Here are a few of my current projects. The first is a cross stitch project called "Fruit Smoothie" by Blue Ribbon Designs. This project is so fun to work on! The colors are fantastic!




The next is called "Peace Love and a Cure" by Lizzie Kate. I'm a huge supporter of breast cancer research, so I just had to have this project. All proceeds from the sale of the pattern were donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.



And last, but certainly not least, is my current quilting project. Now, let me just say that I have yet to finish a quilt top. I decided in May that I'd like to learn how to quilt. So, I read lots of online tutorials, pulled out my mom's old sewing machine, and got started. My first few attempts were mainly just for practice. I finally feel comfortable enough to make a real quilt. So, here is a picture of the 24 blocks I've made so far. They were made using "Portugal" charm squares by Moda.

So, now that I shared some of my pictures, it's time to go work on these unfinished projects!










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your ability to finish a cross stitching project! I have begun many and finished.... none! I guess we are opposites as I am better at completing quilts. LOL I really like the Portugal fabrics you've shown, Moda is my absolute favorite. Thanks for sharing!
Bradie

Jean said...

Your projects are so cute. You will become addicted to quilting like the rest of us, I am sure. Keep writing!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Jen,
Congratulations on becoming a blogger! I came over to visit after you signed up for my "Fall into Fall Giveaway". You'll enjoy blogging. It's easy, fun, you "meet" lots of nice people and there are so many wonderful projects that people make!! Have fun!

Myra said...

Some lovely craftiness going on there! Lovely items in all stages of their creations! good for you! 8-)
Thanks for entering my giveaway!
I'll be back for a visit...
Happy stitchings and good luck!

Zlaty said...

Hi Jen,
I love your projects! Did you just stamp the welcome sign? Happy crafting :)) !
Zlaty